Summer is here and there is lot's of fun to be had in the sun. But don't let the sun or water ruin your fun. Here are a few tips to help you maintain your hair's health while enjoying summer.
- Always use sunscreen on your face and hair. Our Glow has UV protection, spray some on before spending a day in the sun or wear a scarf or hat.
- When swimming, always clarify with our Clarity your hair to remove chlorine from building up on the hair, follow up with our Balance Wash and Conditioner to restore moisture and proteins levels.
- Moisturize your hair regularly, our Replenish is a great way to keep hair from drying out daily, use on braids, locs, and natural hair.
- Deep Condition with our KeraMask intense moisturizing treatment in between braiding and especially if your are swimming.
- If wearing braids you must still rinse well and clarify after swimming.
Remember less is more, if going on vacation opt for more carefree hairstyles like braids, twist outs or flexi rod sets (our SilkWhip is great for these), or just simply embracing your natural hair and letting if flow free for awhile. It will reduce the stress of thinking about your hair and give your hair a break from heat.
Final tip: If you are on vacation let your hair be on vacation to... happy and carefree!!!
Have a happy summer and make sure you have your home maintenance care for caring for your hair.